Call for Abstracts
Securing global energy
Deadline for submission: 15th February 2023, 11pm CET
The 29th annual Underwater Technology Conference will be back in Bergen, Norway 13 – 15th June 2023. We expect more than 500 delegates and 30 exhibitors from around the globe. The overall goal of the Underwater Technology Conference is to be most relevant meeting arena where new contacts are created, knowledge is shared, and important relations and network cultivated.
The Abstract submission Platform is now closed
Topics of Interest UTC 2023
UTC2023 will focus on the world’s need for sustainable, reliable, affordable energy and take a deep dive into the current energy challenges worldwide. We want to welcome a broad scope of abstracts. Below you can view the topics of interest the UTC program committee encourage you to be inspired by:
- Solutions for energy transition
- Renewable energy
- Carbon Capture, Storage and Utilization
- New energy carriers
- Energy security
- Asset integrity and security
- Cyber security
- Power generation
- Power distribution
- Well intervention
- Material technology
- Zero emission
- Environmental monitoring and impact
- All electric solutions
- Subsea innovation
- Field of the future
- Innovation / new technology
- Subsea tie-back technology
- Remote operation /automation
- Autonomous operation
- Installation and IMR
- Lifetime enhancement
- Condition based maintenance
- Big data/Data management
- Subsea increased recovery
Abstract Guidelines & Requirements UTC 2023:
- Get approvals from your management before you submit an abstract.
- No commercial focus. Delegates at previous UTCs responds negatively to sales presentations/company profiling. Do not underestimate your audience, focus on the technology.
- If chosen, your abstract will be published. Please review your text before submittal.
- Maximum 250 words in the abstract text, introduced by a short “key learning outcome” or alternatively short text summary followed by a video presentation of theme max 2 minutes.
- Submit your abstract in accordance with the listed topics of interest, giving the program committee a context for evaluating your contribution.
- Do not include figures, photos and bullet points in the abstract text. The publishing format handles text only.
- Abstracts are chosen based on their strength, content matter and market/trend relevance – i.e choose topic carefully when submitting your abstract. A listing in the most appropriate category will give you a greater chance to be selected.
- Submit with speaker and deputy speaker (in the online submittal form, not in the abstract text). In case of multiple authors,please list co-authors at the end of the abstract text.
- The program committee reserves the right to not include abstracts accepted by similar conferences.
- All authors will be notified no later than March 6th 2023, selected or not. All speakers will subsequently by requested to confirm their attendance within a given deadline.
- Full instructions on preparation of manuscripts and presentations will be sent to selected authors. You can also choose to publicize a paper after the conference (in addition to your presentation).
- The Program Committee will nominate “back up” presentations for each topic, to be the first runner ups if one of the presentations is cancelled. Authors of back up presentations will receive conference benefits correspondingly to chosen presentations/speakers.
- A complementary conference fee, including lunches and social events, will be provided for one speaker per abstract/presentation. UTC will not cover travel/ accommodation expenses.