Call for Abstracts
Grieghallen, Bergen, Norway 11-13 June 2024
Deadline for submission: 2 February 2024, 11pm CET
The 30th annual Underwater Technology Conference will be back in Bergen, Norway 11 – 13 June 2024. We expect more than 500 delegates and 30 exhibitors from around the globe. The overall goal of the Underwater Technology Conference is to be most relevant meeting arena where new contacts are created, knowledge is shared, and important relations and network cultivated.
Do not miss the opportunity to reengage with the subsea technology industry most influential Executives, Managers, Engineers, Strategy & Planning personnel as well as the Subsea academicians. We hereby invite you to participate and make UTC an even greater subsea event by submitting your Abstract!
The Abstract submission Platform is now open!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance
Topics of Interest UTC 2024
This year’s conference theme, “Affordable Energy”, holds significant importance as we’ve all maneuvered the Energy Trilemma, focusing on energy security, affordability, and environmental sustainability. Energy affordability aims to provide reasonably priced energy for everyone, urging the industry to offer efficient, cost-effective energy solutions through advancements in subsea technology. To us, affordable energy is about letting technology be a key driver to a more efficient energy production.
Below you can view the topics of interest the UTC program committee encourage you to be inspired by:
- Subsea Processing
- Subsea Carbon Transport & Storage
- Subsea Field Development
- Subsea Production Systems (SPS)
- Subsea Marine Operations
- Subsea Pipeline Technology , design, installation and repair
- Offshore Floating Wind
- Subsea Power Distribution
- Subsea Remote Operations
- Subsea Umbilicals, Risers, Flowlines (SURF)
- Subsea Well Intervention Operations
Abstract Guidelines & Requirements UTC 2024:
- Get approvals from your management before you submit an abstract.
- No commercial focus. Delegates at previous UTCs responds negatively to sales presentations/company profiling. Do not underestimate your audience, focus on the technology.
- If chosen, your abstract will be published. Please review your text before submittal.
- Maximum 250 words in the abstract text, introduced by a short “key learning outcome” or alternatively short text summary followed by a video presentation of theme max 2 minutes.
- Submit your abstract in accordance with the listed topics of interest, giving the program committee a context for evaluating your contribution.
- Do not include figures, photos and bullet points in the abstract text. The publishing format handles text only.
- Abstracts are chosen based on their strength, content matter and market/trend relevance – i.e choose topic carefully when submitting your abstract. A listing in the most appropriate category will give you a greater chance to be selected.
- Submit with speaker and deputy speaker (in the online submittal form, not in the abstract text). In case of multiple authors,please list co-authors at the end of the abstract text.
- The program committee reserves the right to not include abstracts accepted by similar conferences.
- All authors will be notified no later than February 20th 2024, selected or not. All speakers will subsequently by requested to confirm their attendance within a given deadline.
- Full instructions on preparation of manuscripts and presentations will be sent to selected authors. You can also choose to publicize a paper after the conference (in addition to your presentation).
- The Program Committee will nominate “back up” presentations for each topic, to be the first runner ups if one of the presentations is cancelled. Authors of back up presentations will receive conference benefits correspondingly to chosen presentations/speakers.
- A complementary conference fee, including lunches and social events, will be provided for one speaker per abstract/presentation. UTC will not cover travel/ accommodation expenses.