For the first time UTC invite students from all parts of the world to deliver abstracts for consideration. The Underwater Technology Foundation is interested in student projects at Master or PhD level in the field of subsea technology. Read more about UTFs focus on students and the promotion of subsea knowledge at www.utf.no.
The student presentations will be included in the technical presentations at the conference 18 – 19 June. The featured students will be included in the conference program, receive complimentary conference fee, and flight and hotel accommodation for the duration of the conference.
Attendance at the UTC conference in Bergen gives you the possibility to meet technologists from most of the major operators and suppliers in the international subsea community. As a speaker at UTC, you will get invaluable exposure to future employers and an international network in the industry.
Your student paper/presentation could be connected to one of the chosen topics for UTC 2014, or another topic connected to subsea technology:
– Technological innovations
– Field development concepts – production and processing
– Execution and operation experiences
– Effective and efficient installation and intervention
– Brownfield rejuvenation and lifetime extension
– Standardization and enhanced industry practices
– Surprise us – good ideas in any subsea related aspect!
Submittal requirements and guidelines
1) Prepare an abstract text of maximum 250 words, introduced by a short “key learning outcome”. Do not include figures and bullet points in the abstract text.
2) Any approvals from companies you might cooperate with need to be obtained before you submit an abstract and seek the opportunity to present at UTC.
3) Speakers must be fluent in English.
4) You study petroleum/subsea technology at Masters or PhD level
5) If selected, your abstract text will be published, both online and in the printed conference program (circulation 10 000 by mail). Please review your text before submittal.
6) Deadline for submitting a student abstract is February 10th.
7) All students will be notified no later than March 10th, selected or not. Full instructions on preparation of manuscripts and presentations will be sent to selected authors. All speakers need to confirm their attendance.
8) A presentation at UTC is scheduled for 20 minutes, with additionally 5 minutes for Q&A at the end.
9) A complementary conference fee including lunches and social events will be provided for one speaker per presentation. Student speakers will in addition receive flights to Bergen and hotel accommodation for the duration of the conference.
10) By submitting an abstract for consideration, and if selected for the program, you allow UTC to make your presentation, or an edited version/a paper, available for publication for the UTC delegates immediately after the conference at the website.
11) By submitting an abstracts you confirm that you are able to attend the conference in Bergen 18 – 19 June
Send your abstract, as word format, and with full contact information, information of your studies and where you study (University/Department/School/Institute), to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE FEBRUARY 10TH