The Underwater Technology Conference is interested in student projects at Master or PhD level in the field of subsea technology. The student presentations will be included in the technical presentations at the conference June 17th – 18th.
The featured students will be included in the conference program, receive complimentary conference fee, and flight and hotel accommodation for the duration of the conference, sponsored by the Underwater Technology Foundation (UTF).
Attendance at the UTC conference in Bergen gives you the possibility to meet technologists from most of the major operators and suppliers in the international subsea community. As a speaker at UTC, you will get invaluable exposure to future employers and an international network in the industry. Read more about UTFs focus on students and the promotion of subsea knowledge at www.utc.no/utf.
Your student paper/presentation could be connected to one of the chosen topics for UTC 2015, or another topic connected to subsea technology:
– Technological innovations – Control, Power and Instrumentation
– Technological innovations – Materials, Mechanical and Marine disciplines
– Field Development Concepts and Experiences
– Simplification, Standardization and Enhanced Industry Collaboration
– Improved Asset Value and Significant Cost Reductions
DEADLINE APRIL 25th.
Submittal requirements and guidelines
1) Prepare an abstract text of maximum 300 words, with title and topic.
2) Any approvals from companies you might cooperate with need to be obtained before
you submit an abstract and seek the opportunity to present at UTC.
3) Speakers must be fluent in English.
4) You study petroleum/subsea technology at Masters or PhD level
5) If selected, your abstract text will be published, both online and in the printed conference program. Please review your text before submittal.
6) Deadline for submitting a student abstract is April 25th.
7) All students will be notified no later than May 5th, selected or not. Full instructions on preparation
of manuscripts and presentations will be sent to selected authors. All speakers need to confirm
8) A presentation at UTC is scheduled for 20 minutes, with additionally 5 minutes for Q&A at the end.
9) A complementary conference fee including lunches and social events will be provided for one
speaker per presentation. Student speakers will in addition receive flights to Bergen and hotel
accommodation for the duration of the conference.
10) By submitting an abstract for consideration, and if selected for the program, you allow UTC to
make your presentation, or an edited version/a paper, available for publication for the UTC delegates immediately after the conference at the website.
11) By submitting an abstracts you confirm that you are able to attend the conference in Bergen June 17th – 18th.
Send your abstract, as word format, and with full contact information, information of your studies and where you study (University/Department/School/Institute), to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.