Nominate individuals for the
Deadline 29 May, 2023
The Underwater Technology Conference (UTC) Award is designed to recognize, celebrate and showcase the many outstanding achievements within the global industry of underwater technologies.
Now in its seventh year, the award is given to individuals or groups of people that have contributed their knowledge and understanding to advances in underwater technology, through the introduction of new products, services, methodologies and/or processes.
For this year’s UTC Award, we are encouraging nominations that highlight radical new underwater technologies that will contribute significantly to our collective drive towards low-carbon energy production; from renewable energies to energy efficient oil and gas recovery and even combinations of both.
In addition to the above, the judges will be looking for clear evidence of innovation, project execution, innovation, increasing efficiency, HSE and global commercial potential.
Technologies or project are expected to have been launched into the marketplace, or significantly upgraded or improved, or have occurred within the last 12-18 months.
Winners of the UTC Award will be chosen by a prominent jury, appointed by the Underwater Technology Foundation (UTF), UTC’s founder and co-organiser. As well as recognition by UTF, the winner will be announced during UTC 2023, the industry’s longest running and foremost subsea conference, ensuring wide industry recognition and exposure.
The official deadline for entries for the UTC Award is 29 May
Guidelines and requirements
The UTC Award can be received by individuals or groups from both intra- and inter-company subsea projects that represent solutions to challenges where the project team has accomplished the task successfully with focus on project execution innovation, increased efficiency, HSE and a global commercial potential.
Guidelines and requirements
- This call for proposals is open to persons engaged in subsea projects only
- The persons(s) association to the project has to be recognized within the subsea industry and in operation with successful results.
- The award aims to recognize the persons(s) behind the project.
- Project teams can apply on behalf of their project. People related to the project is also encouraged to send proposals. In both cases valid 3rd party references must be presented.
- The person(s) mentioned in the application is/are the rightful owner(s), or is an employee of the rightful owner of the project/technology.
- The nominee(s) is/are the appropriate individual(s) according to guidelines for the award.
- The person(s) is/are given the opportunity to present why the project was successful during the UTC conference.
- Members of the panel of judges shall have access to the application, provided that statements of confidentiality are signed by the persons involved.
- UTF shall be entitled to publicly announce all nominees and the possibility to disclose a description of each project and the person’s involvement